This page contains original materials I’ve authored that you may find interesting and useful. It is simply asked that you please respect copyright and use appropriate citations. Click on the document title to view or download. The document will open in a new window.
- Two process briefs I authored are cited in Schulz, Maximilian, Mark Thomas and Katie Clancy, From Analysis to Action: What Works in Designing Interventions Based on Market Systems Analysis, The BEAM Exchange, 2016. See page 29 and Annexes 1 and 2.
- Fully Engaging the Private Sector in Health Systems Development – Op-ed on Devex, the media platform for the global development community, published in October 2016.
- Nine short pieces on key issues in M4P in Health authored in 2014-2016: five policy briefs followed by four implementation notes:
- M4P and UHC: How M4P in Health Supports Development Policy Objectives and Universal Health Coverage
- What Prevents Kenya’s Counties from Implementing Public-Private Partnerships in Health?
- Health Spending Behaviour Among Low Income Consumers in Kenya
- The Case for M4P in the Healthcare Sector
- What Does ‘Sustainability’ Mean in the Context of M4P in Health?
- Practical Intervention Logic – The Results Chain Cheat Sheet
- Intervention Screening – The R-I-E-D Model
- The Intervention Process Flow – A Systemic Approach to M4P Implementation
- Innovative Building Technologies – The Social Housing Angle – a paper presented at the Housing Africa conference in Abuja, Nigeria, in August 2013.
- Catalog of Enterprise Improvement Training Materials – a list of training materials that support the Enterprise Improvment methodology, in Power Point format. Most are for training management consultants and SME client firms. The individual presentations are available upon request. Open or download the list and send your request using the Contact form.
- Economic Growth Programs in Post-Conflict Environments: Experiences, Lessons, and Recommendations – originally presented in Sri Lanka in 2009 as that horrible conflict came to a conclusion, with the hope that reconstruction programs would take some of these lessons into account.
- The Relative Cost of a Toyota Camry in Malaysia – a simple comparative analysis of the cost of a modest automobile in Malaysia and the United States in late 2011. The findings may shock those you who haven’t lived in Southeast Asia!
- Siderurgica Restructuring Case Study – case study on the turnaround of the Romanian steel long products mill Siderurgica SA Hunedoara.
- To Steal from Steel – an article about operating scams in the steelmaking industry, originally published in Iron & Steelmaker, the magazine of the Iron and Steel Society, September 2002.